This is the second entry to the series for the January 2021 online conferences which I have attended.
- Venkat Subramaniam - Keynote - This Ain’t Your Parents’ Java
- Cool hands-on review of how Java has evolved in terms of features.
- Simon Ritter - Java at Speed: Building a Better JVM
- Very articulate and in-depth view of Java Virtual Machine optimizations (implemented in Azul Zing®).
- David Delabassée - Java and the 40 versions – January 2021 Edition
- Gives a view on the OpenJDK 6-month release process and then the newly-added features in the latest versions of Java.
- Mary Grygleski - Thirst-Quenching Streams for the Reactive Mind
- Reactive development
- Billy Korando - Upgrade Your Automated Tests with JUnit 5
- Hands-on and neat features brought by JUnit 5. Thanks to Billy, I realized that contrarily to what the Maven surefire plugin doc indicates running parallel tests works, it just needs to be configured by setting
<configurationParameters>. Also, I see that fluent assertions as is done in Assertj is not one of those new features 😔