This is the third entry to the series for the January 2021 online conferences which I have attended.
Back to jChampions!
- Rafael Del Nero - Duke’s Star Trek with Java 15 Code Challenges
- Fun code puzzles presenting features per JDK version. The sources are available at https://github.com/rafadelnero/startrek-javachallengers
- Nikhil Nanivadekar - Getting Started with Kafka
- Hands-on demonstration of Apache Kafka (stream-processing platform). I liked (but would not dare sport) Nikhil’s style of presenting (no slide, everything typed in a text file in the IDE!).
- Mohamed Taman - Do you use the Optional class as it should be?
- Best practices for the
OptionalAPI. I caught on an error in Code Recipe #10 where
Optional#orElseGet(...)is not expected to return
Optional.<String>of(...), the use of
Optional.oris correct though.